Ken:Looks like another day without sweet buns for Ken.
(肯恩:看起來肯恩又是沒有甜麵包的一天了。)
Nancy:Call it a small token of our appreciation.
(南希:你可以稱它為我們對你表示感激的一點小心意。)
Ken:I think I might just ban sweet buns from the office after I become division manager.
(肯恩:我想我當上部門經理後,可能會乾脆禁止辦公室裡有甜麵包。)
Nancy:What was that? Sorry, I can t hear you while I m chewing.
(南希:你剛說什麼?抱歉,我在吃東西聽不到你說什麼。)
俚語小解析
Call it..... 稱它為.....
當你用這個句型時,你是在建議某人該如何看待一個局勢。如果你的午餐時間就要過了,來不及趕回去上班,拿出你的手提電腦跟你的同事說,”Let s call it a working lunch.”咱們就稱它為工作午餐。
》》知識達購課館:登峰美語線上影音課程系列,聽說讀寫能力任你加強!
說法比一比
轉角有 convenience store!
說法比一比:★★★★
學校:Where is a 7-11 in this area?
(這附近哪裡有7-11?)
老外:Is there a 7-11 around here?
(這附近有7-11嗎?)
實境對話
A:Is there a 7-11 around here?
(這附近有7-11嗎?)
B:Yeah, there s one right around the corner.
(有啊,轉角就有一間。)
老外還會這麼說
ex:Where s the nearest 7-11?
(最近的7-11在哪裡?)
ex:Do you know if there s a 7-11 near here?
(你知道這附近有沒有7-11嗎?)
ex:Is there a convenience store around here?
(這附近有便利商店嗎?)
來聽老美怎麼說?
ex:Do you take cash? Or must I use a cash card for this purchase?
(你們收現金嗎?還是我這筆採購必須用現金卡?)
ex:I need to withdraw some extra cash from my account before my trip tomorrow.
(在明天啟程前,我需要先從戶頭裡提領一些額外的現金。)
ex:I need to get some more petty cash from my manager. My cash reserve has run out.
(我需要向經理申請多一點的零用錢。我的現款準備金用完了。)
ex:Please use any surplus cash from your budgets before the end of the month.
(預算中如有任何盈餘現金,請在月底前用掉。)
說法比一比:★★★★
學校:I suggest that you prepare gloves and a warm hat.
(我建議你們準備手套和保暖帽。)
老外:You should bring gloves and a warm hat.
(你們應該要帶手套和保暖帽。)
實境對話
A:What s the weather like at the top of the mountain?
(山頂的天氣是什麼樣子?)
B:It can get really cold. You should bring gloves and a warm hat.
(可能會相當冷。你們應該要帶手套和保暖帽。)
老外還會這麼說
ex:You should definitely bring some sun block.(你們絕對要帶一些防曬油。)
ex:Take some water with you. (身上要帶一些水。)